Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Trafford MV RFCC app


1st XV - Match centre

Trafford MV RFCC
Sat 12 Jan 14:15 - Cup Full time



Trafford MV and Tyldesley played out a good game which resulted in a 31-25 win for MV to progress to final

It was good to see smiles back on players faces at Trafford MV on a blustery, wet Saturday afternoon as they battled their way to victory against old rival Tyldesley in the semi-final of the Lancashire Trophy. The win see's MV progress into the Final against Widnes on May 5th, something to look forward to!
The game started in windy but dry conditions and MV improved on recent performances by getting a good start with early good possession and decent phases of play creating early pressure deep in the Tyldesley half. A scrum in the visitors '22 saw MV Number 9 Pat Eccles break from the base to weave through close defence for a positive early try which he converted himself. Recent form said there would not be much between the teams and this read true as Tyldesley responded with a try, unconverted 7-5. MV were playing well and it was skipper Andy Quigley, leading by example as ever, who crashed over next for MV. With the wind making goal kicks difficult the ball drifted wide 12-5. Once again the visitors struck back, not to be outdone, and with the conversion attempt coming back off the post it was close 12-10. The game sprung to life for MV as first Joe Cooper, having his best game of the season, breached the defence to score with Eccles converting and then James Matthie being fed a good ball, picked up in loose play by Stuart Crampton, who sprinted home from 60 metres. Eccles again converted to open a gap at 26-10. Tyldesley came back again, through their influential stand off Mark Dickinson, at 26-15 but it was obvious that conversions were not being taken.
MV had centre Andrew Moore returning to action after a long lay off and his come back was rewarded with a run in from 40metres to give MV what looked like a comfortable 26-15 lead at Half Time. MV should have closed the game off in good style with the advantage of the wind in the second period however the elements turned against them. Rain came over and a heavy drizzle brought the Tyldesley pack more into the game The game was taken into the MV 22 for good periods and Tyldesley were rewarded with a pushover try from the pack 31-20 and this was followed in similar fashion with minutes to go to finalise the scoring at 31-25 for Trafford MV to reach the final.
MV have a tough game back in the ADM Lancashire League competition this coming Saturday as they travel to Liverpool St Helens who are currently riding high. However with a boost to confidence MV will be a new challenge for any team. Trafford MV are looking for good local talent for boost playing numbers and the strength of all their 3 senior squads - if you want to play for a well organised, friendly local rugby club contact Greg on 07834 857905

Win a Maximuscle training session with Anthony Watson

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors